Helpful Online Family Resource Guides:

Keene Rotary Family Resource Guide (Cheshire County)

The River Center Online Fact Book (eastern Monadnock region)


Southwestern Community Services (Cheshire and Sullivan counties)
PO Box 603, 63 Community Way, Keene NH 03431
Southwestern Community Services, Inc. (SCS) is the Community Action Agency serving the needs of Cheshire and Sullivan county citizens, with programs for citizens in need, including children, families, and the elderly.

Southern New Hampshire Services (Hillsborough county)
Southern New Hampshire Services (SNHS) is the Community Action Agency for Hillsborough county, providing programs and services for children, families, and the elderly.

ServiceLink Resource Center
25 Roxbury Street, Suite 106
Keene, NH 03431
603-357-1922 local
603-352-8822 fax
866-634-9412 toll free
Service Link is statewide network of community-based connections for elders, adults with disabilities and their families, with an office in Keene that serves the Monadnock region. The ServiceLink website has a searchable database of resources.

Monadnock Family Services
17 93rd Street, Keene NH 03431
Monadnock Family Services is the non-profit agency in our region that works to serve the mentally ill. MFS offers several types of programs for the mentally ill as well as at-risk youth prevention programming.

The River Center
44-46 Concord Street, Peterborough NH 03458
The River Center in Peterborough provides community resources and connections to local services and opportunities for residents of the eastern Monadnock region, including a Fact Book of services available online.

NH Vocational Rehabilitation
Regional Office: 149 Emerald Street, Keene, NH 03431
(603) 419-9003

HCS Home Healthcare Hospice
312 Marlboro Street, Keene NH 03431
HCS Home Healthcare Hospice provides comprehensive nursing and therapy services that help speed recovery after a hospitalization and provide independence at home for those who are chronically ill. Services include Adult Day Care, Transportation, Senior Meals and Meals on Wheels as well as hospice and nursing services. Offices in Keene and Peterborough.

Keene Housing Authority
831 Court Street, Keene NH 03431
KHA has an array of programs and services for individuals, families and seniors including Public Housing, Section 8 Voucher Program, Congregate Housing Services Program, and Resident Self Reliance Program.

Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center
4 Aiken Street, Antrim NH 03440
The Grapevine in Antrim NH has many community programs for people in the eastern Monadnock Region. Programs include support group for families of children with disabilities, parenting programs, playgroups, information and referral, workshops and classes and a teen center.


CMARS (Crotched Mountain Accesible Recreation & Sport)
CMARS provides lessons for children with disabilities to learn to ski, snowboard, kayak, canoe, cycle, hike, and participate in sports with the support of adaptive equipment.

Northeast Passage
Empowering individuals with disabilities to define, pursue, and achieve their Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports goals.
121 Technology Drive Suite 161 Durham, NH 03824

Local School Districts

SAU #29 (Chesterfield, Harrisville, Keene, Marlborough, Marlow, Nelson, and Westmoreland)
SAU#38 (Monadnock Regional)
SAU#1 (Contoocook Valley)
SAU#47 (Jaffrey-Rindge)
SAU#60 (Fall Mountain)
SAU#63 (Wilton-Lyndeborough)
SAU#87 (Mascenic)

Stable NH
STABLE Accounts allow individuals with disabilities to save and invest money without losing eligibility for certain public benefits programs, like Medicaid or SSI. Earnings in your STABLE Account are not subject to federal income taxes, so long as you spend them on “Qualified Disability Expenses”

NH Bureau of Developmental Services - Complaint Process
A revised process for filing complaints relative to developmental services delivery is in effect as of September 1, 2011. In the past complaints were handled directly by the Area Agency. This change is the result of changes to administrative rule He-M 202, which says that complaints will be made directly to the State. To file a complaint, call toll free 1-855-450-3593. After you file a complaint, an investigator will contact you. 

Individuals who receive services in the developmental services system have a right to be free from abuse, neglect and being taken advantage of. If you receive services and believe your rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint.

In addition, staff, providers and others who work with individuals who receive services in this system must file a complaint if they are aware of or suspect that an individual is being abused, neglected or exploited.